1.24.2007

Anti-Procrastination Challenge: Day Two

I've heard it called a "Launch Pad"... you know, that spot by the door where everyone tends to drop their stuff when they walk in the house. Ours is more like a "Drop Zone" than a "Launch Pad" --- things tend to be dropped off, but rarely do I see them actually launch from here! Rather, it is an acculation of completly random items (aka "clutter").


So, this was my AP Challenge project for the day. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll have to check out Mrs. Wilt's blog "The Sparrow's Nest" to find out the details.


We call this thing the "Serpentine Chest" --- that was the official name for it when we bought it, and the name stuck. I started off by taking the top drawer - the "junk" drawer - out and emptying it completely. I refilled only with the things that are necessary.

Then I cleared off the top and the stuff that sat nearby on the floor. The end result... a much nicer, more inviting entryway!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Good job! Everything looks great!
Kelli

Rean Day said...

Drop-offs are the worst! When I have to clear off one of those it takes FOREVER. Mainly because the items on them go all over the place! I end up running all around the house before I finish clearing off a Drop-off! Great job staying focused and getting it accomplished!

Rean Day