3.08.2008

Ohio Blizzard '08

View from the front stoop!


The NWS was right!! We've got snow... and lots of it! The one-two punch happened just as they forecasted. There's not too much going on around our house today... pajamas until after noon, a morning movie, toys spread out everywhere, a little bit of lunch, and then off to the outdoors. We measured several points in the yard and found snow levels ranging from 14 inches (on the hill in the front yard) to 20 inches (in the backyard)! The kids had a blast wading through the fluffy stuff and riding their Daddy's old sled down the street...





Makes you want to say "Brrrrrrrr!", huh?! After this storm, we're going to have to have to restock our Community reserves!



post signature

4 comments:

tallie lea said...

oh my!! i would enjoy this for...a day. have fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Janna! I just enjoyed the full range of photos on the web. Your camera is fantastic, and it also has a steady hand snapping it!

I think you are due a little sunshine--after many days of rain, drizzle, and snow. Now THIS blizzard was the real thing. Just enjoy the coffee, rosy cheeks, and a good book while you are waiting for the sun to shine.

I'm glad to see Brian's sled was put to good use. I'm sure the kids enjoyed a few tumbles. Was this fluffy or wet snow? Dylan and I had a hard time making snowballs week before last with the fluffy stuff.

Again, I sure enjoyed being a part of your lives at the end of February!

Love you,
MPark

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't believe how much snow!! it was so much fun to watch the slideshow and see Dylan and Brooklyn having a blast....poor Brooklyn looks like she might get swallowed up by the snow. And Brian looks like he's having more fun than the kids! Thanks for sending all the pics...they are awesome. I'm coveting your digital camera right now!! :)

let us know if you need more community coffee!

love ya,
karen

Anonymous said...

And we thought it was cold here in Louisiana!!! I'm glad it's not us in that much snow. I remember the days in Colorado and I think Louisiana is really looking good right now. When you come home in April....we'll tank you up on coffee!! Brooklyn look like Dylan under that pink cap. I can't wait to see them again! Give them hugs and kisses from Nana and PawPaw.