7.21.2006

Timed to (im)perfection...


Everything seems to be on a timer today! I'm making dinner for some friends who just had a baby, so there's one timer for the roast chicken, one for the roasted potatoes, one for the carrots, one for the lemon cakes, one for Dylan's potty schedule (I can't remember to ask him to go potty without the timer to remind me), and a subconscious timer to remind me to feed Brooklyn. Thank goodness that every kitchen appliance comes with it's own timer... otherwise, I would have run out of different ones by now!

Thank goodness for Alli --- she's been helping with Dylan a couple of days so I can get some much needed chores done. Right now the poor girl is having to watch "The Big Train Trip" and play with trains --- all at the same time!! I wouldn't be able to get everything done today without her, and of course, I would never have had a moment to blog!

With all these timers going at the same time and with my tendency towards great imperfection, I'm bound to miss one --- so apologies to the Duerksen's if the roasted chicken gets roasted a little past 170 degrees!

There's a BEEP ... got to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember the days that I put you, your sisters and all the kids I kept on a timer for the Nintendo game? You all hated it! But here you are doing it now........ What comes around goes around!

Love, Mom