9.24.2007

Tiny Bibles...

I have a thing for tiny bibles so imagine my curiosity when I stumbled upon a post entitled "Itsy Bitsy Bibles" over at Bible Design and Binding. (Hat tip to The Gospel-Driven Church for the link!)

Since my senior year of college, I have had a string of little bibles, all small enough to tuck into my purse, backpack, or diaper bag. The thought of carrying around one of those 10 lb study bibles just doesn't sit well with me... after all, I am usually also toting a couple of 20-30 lb kids and their gear too!

So... this is my current "little" bible... a Valentine's Day gift from my dear husband. It's a mere 3.75" x 5.75" and the text is --- well --- not for the faint of sight!! It's an ESV, and I have completely enjoyed the transition away from my long-time NIV and even my much-loved NASB. You can read more about the ESV here, but John Piper summed it up when he said "The ESV satisfies the preaching, memorizing, studying, and reading needs of our church, from children to adults."

I'm just glad to know that there are others in the world who love their "little" bibles as much as I do and who hide God's word in their hearts (and their purses)!


No comments: