9.26.2007

A Birthday Trip to Write Home About...


Mt. Rainier National Park



I celebrated my birthday last week, and as a rather significant part of my gift, my dear sweet husband gave me the chance to visit my friend, Bobbi, in Washington. I traveled alone for the first time since having kids, and the rest was much needed as was the visit with a God-appointed friend.

The Seattle area is an amazing place... a little bit for everyone! Big city, lots of water, mountains to hike, professional sports, and evergreens everywhere... beautiful! Oh --- and for Buckeye fans, a little bit of OSU football to make the deal sweeter! In fact, there were so many fans in Seattle on Friday that it felt more like being in Columbus on game day. Even the football team made their way to Pike Place Market to throw a few fish with the fishmongers.

I won't give a detailed account of the entire trip here, but I will provide a few collages to peak your interest in that part of the country if you have never been.


Tacoma

Pike Place Market


Safeco Field, Home of the Seattle Mariners
(another ballpark to add to my list)


From the Ferry to Bainbridge

Mt. Rainier National Park

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the pics...it looks like you had so much fun on your trip. brian is awesome to do that for you! and it was great to see pics of dear bobbi...i miss her!

love ya,
karen

tallie lea said...

janna, you inspire me. you just seem to get the most out of this life, and that inspires me to do the same. thank you!

Anonymous said...

Janna..your trip looked AWESOME! The mountain pictures look like postcards. I'm so proud of Brian for giving you that week to rejuvenate. Wish Daddy and I could have been there to see those beautiful shots you took.

Luv, Mom

BF said...

another ballpark to add to my list

How many is that? I've only got 6 left (SD, Tor, Cin, Bos, both FLAs) but there are at least 4 more I'll have to re-visit (DC, NY1, NY2, Min) in the next couple of years as their old parks make way for the new parks.

* Best So Far: PNC in Pittsburgh. The view is unparallelled and the awfulness of the team makes tickets affordable.
* Suprisingly Underrated: Citizen's Bank in Philly. A fun atmosphere and the best food by far.
* Best of the "Old" Parks: Dodger Stadium. A lack of transportation options is the only negative.
*Experience you should have at least once: Attending a multi-park doubleheader on the same day. I've been able to pull it off 3 times now (Oak/SF, Chicago, NY).
*Worst, and it isn't even close: Olympic Stadium in Montreal. The bottom concourse resembled a dank cave and the seats had a coating of dust you don't normally find outside of contstruction sites.

Anonymous said...

Janna, it sounds like your trip was a fabulous success--a real refreshment! Your photos reminded me of my times in Washington State.

The first time I visited Seattle was in 1967. A couple took another summer missionary and me to Mount Rainier. This Texas girl couldn't believe that I was playing in snow on the Fourth of July! Then, while eating in the Space Needle, the view of Mount Rainier was spectacular. It looked as though it was in the backyard of Seattle.

Did you get to throw some fish at the Fish Market? What are the odds that you would see Ohio football players?!!

Maybe Savannah will continue to beckon--another year!

Love,
MPark

Paper said...

BF: Love the run down on the parks... I have many more on my list, but that might get shorter as the kiddos get older.