5.22.2008

Multi-tasking is overrated!


Multi-tasking... yep! It's overrated! I prefer to focus on one thing at a time, but life as a Mom usually means that there are times when multi-tasking is imperative. Today has been one of those days --- a lot to get done in a little amount of time!

So... I went to the granddaddy of all "Stuff-marts"... yeah, you guessed it... W@l-m@$t! Not my favorite place in the world, but look at what I got done in one single trip and under one single roof...

  1. Grocery shopping for both parties this weekend --- Uganda Celebration Dinner and Resonate's Memorial Day Cookout
  2. New Windshield Wipers and an air filter --- installed on my car!!
  3. Tons of mulch for getting the backyard ready for the parties this weekend --- not sure how we fit all of this in the car. We nearly had to perch young Dylan and his carseat on the roof!
  4. And toilet paper --- the most essential reason for the trip!!!

Now that the kids detest me for making them hang out in Stuff-mart all morning, they are down for their naps, and I am going outside to focus on one single task --- planting my containers to make the deck a little more festive for this weekend!

Happy "we're-getting-really-close-to-a-holiday-weekend" Thursday! Have a good one!





post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny way to put it. I enjoy reading your entries! Boy since our little one has arrived multi-tasking has been constant! I do much prefer focusing on one thing at a time though like you say! It's all good though!

Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend and we are praying for you and your awesome trip coming up!
-Sarah