5.11.2006

Thank you, Mom & Dad...

There has never been a day in my life when I have not been completely grateful for the parents God gave me... they are truly amazing!! The past month has been no exception, so I thought I'd post a blog and give them both a shout out for the wonderful help and encouragement they've been to us lately.


My mom is no average mom --- in fact --- she is no average person. Most people in this world sit around thinking about how they'd like to do something, but that's as far as they get. Not my mom... she thinks about it and then jumps up and does it. As soon as Brooklyn was born, she jumped on what must have been the first flight out of Baton Rouge and made her way up to Ohio to help out. The interesting part was that she had a one-way ticket, and when we got news that Dad's car repairs would delay his trip to Ohio to pick her up, she went ahead and spent a month with us... that's a month away from work, her Red Hat Society, her pickleball and bowling games, and all other aspects of her life. I know that it was an enormous sacrifice for her, but I am so grateful for the help she gave --- driving me around town, cleaning my house, cooking meals, watching after Dylan, refinishing our deck, running after Easter eggs, baking cookies to take to the local firehouse, hosting an "al fresco" party on the newly refinished deck for my neighbors, watching the Easton model train for hours with Dylan, riding the trolley around the shopping center over and over again with Dylan, getting Brooklyn to sleep when no one else could... the list could go on and on. THANKS MOM FOR BEING SO MUCH MORE THAN AVERAGE!!


Mom, Dylan, & Brooklyn Posted by Picasa


Mom playing pickleball ( She may really get me for posting this one, but afterall, it's posted on the Louisiana Senior olympics webpage!)Posted by Picasa

Now, there is nothing ordinary about Daddy either! He finally made it to Ohio with his newly repaired car, and we had a great visit. He knows my town better than I do because he and Dylan took very lengthy wagon rides nearly every day... they covered some serious territory in Worthington! He brought so much fun into the house for all of us, especially Dylan --- he taught Dylan all about car engines (Dylan can now name and identify more parts on a car than most men), model trains (We spent hours watching the Easton LGB model train and the HO model in the Janis Senior Center basement all because Dylan has an extreme fascination with anything train-related), front loaders (Thanks for the really noisy toy, Daddy!), and the best way to make chocolate milk. He treated me to a bowl of the best potato soup in German Village and was very patient and supportive while I found a private spot at Schiller Park to nurse Brooklyn. He even brought some of his handyman skills... when the motor coupler on my washing machine called it quits, he and Brian rolled up their sleeves and fixed it. He also contributed to the deck refinishing project and helped us enjoy the firepit on a really cool night despite the fact that he hates cold weather! Did I mention that he made the 17-hour drive from Baton Rouge by himself in a single day? THANK YOU DADDY FOR BEING EXTRAORDINARY!


My Guys --- Daddy, Dylan, & Brian Posted by Picasa


Daddy, Dylan, & Brooklyn Posted by Picasa

Thank you Mom & Dad for being so selfless --- all the time --- and for making every day with you so fun, exciting, and encouraging!! I love you more than ever!






1 comment:

Jenny Ortis said...

Janna, I've always loved your parents. I'm glad that you've had such great support this last month. Parents are the best!

Jenny