5.31.2006

The Essential Appliance...


Buying a kitchen appliance? My advice is to get it from Williams-Sonoma. Our coffee pot is nearly as essential to us as our refrigerator. About 5 years ago (or so), Brian and I received a coffee pot from Williams-Sonoma as a gift. We're pretty substantial coffee drinkers so the pot gets used daily and often multiple times per day. A couple of years after getting the coffee pot, it started having some problems, and sadly (because it would cost so much to replace it), we had to retire it. Then a few months later I was shopping in a WS store, and I mentioned my broken coffee pot to the sales woman. She said to bring it back to the store, and she would see what they could do. I did, and they took my broken pot and gave me a brand new one. We've used that coffee pot for the past couple of years until this week when it started to leak, deciding it was time to retire. Back to Williams-Sonoma I went this afternoon, and about 10 minutes later (with both kids in tow), I left the store with another brand new coffee pot.

As it turns out, Williams-Sonoma guarantees any appliance they sell for the life of the product. If you have any problems with it, just bring it back --- receipt or not --- and they will replace it with a same or similar product. Not a bad deal, huh?? I'm buying just about everything for my kitchen from WS now!! I'm on my third coffee pot, and I've yet to actually purchase one!

1 comment:

FromAfarPark said...

I love Williams Sonoma! I guess because I love cooking and good food. I just love to look at all the beautiful things in the store. I never buy anything there but someday I will!
-Sarah