2.07.2006

Welcome to my front porch...


All my life I've wanted a front porch. We sort of had one when I was growing up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and I remember sitting out on the porch drinking iced tea (always sweet in the south, mind you) and watching the neighbors go by. It was a place where we sat and talked and watched the day begin or end.

Once I moved away from home, the front porch became difficult for me to come by. In Texas, I had a beautiful, brick house, but it only had a front "step". Here in central Ohio, I have a charming little cape cod, but it only has a front "stoop". The front porch seems only a dream to me, or perhaps more accurately, a state of mind.

So, welcome to my front porch --- a place where our family shares a little bit of what is going on in our lives and where we'd love to hear about yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janna, one of these days we'll have that dream home in the Texas Hill Country. Then you can come to our front porch and reminisce, meditate, and enjoy the beauty of God's creation around you--if you can stand the heat! :)