4.02.2008

Discouraged... then encouraged!


I'll just admit it... this post is a bit of a vent!

Yesterday while catching up on the writings of friends, family, and other bloggers that I read often, I came across a post that was so completely discouraging to me that I literally wept at my computer. To me, it was a rather personal post --- a post negatively targeted towards the generation that I love deeply and have invested in personally, yet it was written by someone I have admired and respected. I don't feel like going into details, but know that while I agreed with some of the points made, I was taken aback by the tone, the criticism, and the stereotyping. Oh, I have much to say in response, but will hold my tongue. God has softened my heart towards this generation, and I long to see them mature in their faith, assured of their salvation, and living passionately to proclaim Christ. Needless to say, that post brought great discouragement to me all day. At least until I opened the mail yesterday afternoon...

where I found a little postcard written to Brian and me by our newest pastor. It contained only a few sentences about his recent visit to our small groups, but it encouraged me so greatly that I smiled and all my frustrations and bitterness melted away...

Words matter! Whether they are spoken, written in a journal, or posted for the entire world to see, they matter!

"A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger."
~ Proverbs 15:1 ~

Photo courtesy of Christian Book Distributors.


post signature

No comments: