2.10.2008

Uganda: How far is it from here?



More on our trip to Uganda...



Some time just before Christmas, Brian and I were presented with the idea of taking the college & young adults of Resonate to Gulu, Uganda to work alongside of WorldHelp in a number of capacities. We had a very short amount of time to publicize the trip, recruit team members, and submit applications, and we are astonished by the way that God moved among the young adults. As of right now, we have a team of 13 members, including a very special team member to me --- my sister! We will join up with additional young adults from around the country --- I think about 17 more --- before making our way to Uganda.



The trip will cost each team member about $3500, and as I've said to our church body, $3500 to a college student might as well be a million dollars! But we know that God's resources are limitless, and we trust that He will provide. He's already started!



So here's my thought... per some internet site I found, it is about 7,763 miles from Columbus to Gulu. It will cost all 13 team members a total of $45,500 to get there. That means that the cost for us to get our entire team to Uganda will be about $5.86 per mile. That's how we'll track our fundraising progress. If I were brilliant and not a completely busy young mother of 2 little ones, I might come up with a cool graphic to track our progress, but for now, I'll have to leave it to the "smart" ones. Maybe we'll get something created in the future.



As of today, we are 102 miles along on our journey with 7,661 miles to go. Later this week, we will host a Parent's Night Out. Pray that the response will be favorable and that God will move us further along on our journey to Uganda!



No comments: